5.8.10

Home Sweet Box: Part 1 - Old People Smells

This blogging thing has become rather complicated with my current lack of internet access…

So of late most of my free time has been dedicated to “house hunting” which true is a whole lot more difficult than it sounds, as there are a number of requirements… Firstly My ITGuy works on the ass end of JHB (ok so Rivonia isn’t exactly the ass end but I mean it is really far from where we are currently living) and we I work in the West Rand. So we decided for practicality moving North was a good idea, but wow places are expensive is you want to stay on the “right” side of the N1. So all the places we have see so far have been ridiculously expensive for a box…. I found some awesome places on the “wrong” side of the N1, which we can get because then the traffic is a nightmare (well not for me, so I don’t care but apparently it’s a big deal for the IT Guy, LOL and I suppose I don’t want to live with someone who is constantly grumpy because of traffic).

So this is my current situation: I am trying to fine a place in the “North” of JHB that isn’t a box where even a small gold fish would be cramped but that I don’t need to start pawning my organs on the black market to afford.

Well hopefully today yields better results, we going to look at a place in Ferndale, that is apparently in quite an old (hope like hell is doesn’t have gross carpets and that lingering smell of old people) complex (looks like a block of flats) that is about 92m2 which really is big enough for me, my IT Guy and maybe that gold fish, but will have to wait and see, I don’t want to get my hopes up only to have them crash and burn in dust pink carpets, manky yellow walls and a notable smell of old people.

Have a great Puza Thursday

1 comment:

  1. it can be tough when you dont have much time on line. But please dont stop :)

    Happy House Hunting. I know all the frustrations.

    ReplyDelete