24.7.10

Life-inside-a-ping-pong-ball

So when I was in high school I was opinionated and the notion that a teacher was smarter and knew more just because they were well teachers didn't really work for me, so as you can only imagine that didn't go down well with some. I had this Maths teacher that never really had me high on her favorite list so at least once a week I would piss on her battery in one way or another and I would be punish with what originally started as creative essay topics, but by the fifth time you wrote on the same topic it became quiet painful. Her favorite where titles such as "life inside a ping pong ball" (ironically useful when a blog name is require), "Life as a gold fish", and "If I was a gum ball" to name but a few. So anyway my point, I thought I was the only one that had memories of my high school teacher making us write stories (in my cases it was punishment) about such "creative topics". It appears however I was wrong. I found the following blog article on "The bizzar, The unusual, The unexplained blog"

This is what the blog had to say and I thought it was fascinating where the blogger took the idea:

When I was in high school, we had an English teacher who gave us creative topics to write about. One of her favorites was: Life Inside A Ping Pong Ball.

I didn’t realize it at the time, but she was really on to something. She must have been thinking about Free Spirit Spheres. These are some strange houses. Now I have visited friends who lived in barns, teepees, domes and even a sod house. But, I never met anyone who lived in a Sphere.

I first discovered the Sphere from blogger kiwipulse. You can read her post here. She includes commentary as well as video and more amazing pictures.

Free Spirit Spheres are suspended from trees as high as the tree will permit or placed close to the ground. They do sway a bit, depending on the trees. They are made to be placed between 3 trees, so the movement is minimized. The most movement will occur whenever someone moves around inside.

On their FAQ page, they answer the most obvious question: where is the rest room. The answer is that you will probably have to leave the comforts of the Sphere to find relief. They are, however, working on a portable Sphere that could be attached to the main Sphere. This will definitely allow some form of relief.

Albert’s side bar: I spent more than a year living in a house, that had no rest room only an outhouse. Believe me, they need to get the Porta-Potty-Sphere developed ASAP!

The concept of the Sphere came from the spiritual side of the creator. He states:

“The way I see it I am a spirit with a body. The world is a dream and my real existence is in spirit. The Creator is everywhere and in everything, including me…The idea for the spheres came from that. The spheres are all about unity and oneness. Architecture is a way of shaping and creating habitat to reflect a feeling and to harmonize with the environment. The sphere is a form of architecture that reflects that thought and feeling of oneness. ”

The Sphereis one complete room with windows. There are no dividers, only one large space. They also come equipped with a sink and are equipped for power. You will need a power source, however. They are insulated and you can even have a heater installed to keep you warm and toasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment